Seven reasons not to learn your Chinese words from a workbook or list
- You can’t put a book into your trouser pocket
- You always have to hide the answer – otherwise your brain won't be forced to actively search for it and store it better
- You always have to learn your words in the same order
- Words you already know will remain in the list and have to be read again and again, even though you wouldn't need to repeat them any more
- If there are more than 7 words on a page, your brain will randomly classify some of them as less important.
- Vocabulary lists are not friendly to your eyes, because often printed to small. Especially with complicated Chinese characters you will find it easier to learn it in the correct way
- Simple word lists are less fun